Purchasing our Sod
Purchasing our Sod
Saratoga Sod grows all of the northern turfgrass species to meet the diverse range of our customers' needs.
All seed used is certified gold tag, sod quality seed, and each blend is designed with an intended use in mind.
When ordering, please indicate the intended use so we can provide the best variety of turfgrass for your specific need.
How do I order sod?
It's easy-- just follow these guidelines:
1. Before placing your sod order, be sure to have your site prepared and ready so you can install the sod immediately.
2. Determine the amount of sod you need by multiplying the length x width of the area to get the total square footage.
3. If you plan to pick up sod at the farm (minimum farm pickup is 300 sq. ft.), please call to order at least one day in advance. 518-664-5038
∙ Always check your owner's manual if you are unsure of what you can safely haul. If you can't pick up all of your sod at once, you can make several trips.
∙ Remember, a pallet of sod weighs approx. one ton (2,000 lbs). We recommend using at least a 3/4 ton pickup truck, or a truck and trailer.
4. If you'd like sod delivered, please call ahead at least 3 - 5 days to schedule. 518-664-5038
∙ Minimum quantity for local delivery (within 60 miles) is 1,200 sq. ft.; 3,600 sq. ft. for distances greater than 60 miles.
5. All of our sod is cut to order to ensure you receive the freshest product available. Sod is a living, perishable product, so it is imperative that you install your sod immediately and water thoroughly. Sod that will not be installed immediately should be kept in the shade and covered with moist burlap until installed.
Garden Center Outlets
To best serve you for smaller amounts of product, we supply the following garden centers. Please call your local retailer to check availability.
The garden centers listed below carry 100% straight Kentucky Bluegrass.
Please note: Home Depot and Lowes carry sod which measures 2' x 50", or 8.34 sq. ft. per roll.